Monday, February 22, 2010

The Jackie Ohh's!

Question: Who of you wants to be able to pull off sunglasses like these and take a photo like this? I'm sure I'm not the only one.  

So let's talk, where did these come from, why did it take me so long to figure out they aren't my mother's sunnies (although my mother does have phenomenal taste now that she's done with her "Fresh Produce Phase" -sorry, mom, I had too! And I know you'll call me out when I put on something as horrid too.) and where, oh where, do I get them!? 

 They're called the Jackie O. Sunnies! 



They are a design that has poked its head back into the fashion world and is well known all over.  The Onassis Glasses, or the Jackie-O design sunglasses were popularized by the former First Lady Kennedy. After becoming Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, she flaunted this oversized style of sunglasses all over the globe. The style was so closely associated with her, that it has shared her name since the late seventies. After fading from the public eye, the Onassis Glasses lay dormant for about thirty years. However, poised for a comeback, these sunglasses have begun making waves on red carpets and runways all over. The women credited for bringing back the infamous sunglasses are Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton. Since then, Jackie-O’s have been seen on the faces of famous women and trendy-but-average Janes everywhere. So what are you waiting for? Go get some! 

Discover my favorites at Ray Ban 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails