Friday, February 26, 2010

Go Green!



I for one have had it up to here (this is me pointing to the top of my 5ft frame... but imagine it's more dramatic than that) with the black and grey restrictions of winter. My closet is looking rather drab in the warm clothing category. A splash of lapis here, a burst of fuschia there, but oh, so, so much black and grey! Oi Vey! Time to ditch the grayscale and move into Spring. I know it's coming! In eager anticipation of it, let's talk GREEN!

There's Rachel Green: 

There's Tom Green (no thank you):

And then there's a wardrobe full of green! 


Keira Knightley in Atonement. Dress design by Jacqueline Durran. 

It's the dead of winter and I swear if one more snow storm hits Ohio I'm gonna toss all caution to the wind, crank up the heat, put on a swimsuit, lay out a towel on my living room floor, whip up a smoothie, flip on some Margaritaville and have myself a beach via apartment party. Now where's that kiddy pool Brittany and I used to keep around for times like this? 

Angelina's gorgeous Lorraine Schwartz emerald earrings and matching cocktail ring

Something to put your green in: The Gramercy Patented Large Wristlet from Coach 


Dive in! Accommodating Maillot at Anthropologie

Go get some color in your closet! 



7 comments:

  1. hahah im not even kidding, me and brittany cooper bought a kiddie pool and used to lay out in it in matts backyard in chicago :) it was shaped like a shark and we named him Bruce :) great post, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sorority used to have a "Beach Party" every year in someone's basement. It was the "IT" party at our university. This made me think of it because we always had a multitude of kiddie pools there for the bravest of the brave... well maybe the drunkest of the drunk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear TaraHope and Allegedlyff,

    I feel now that you should have the full story behind the kiddie pool. Brittany, my 5'2'' blonde look alike and I can fit easily into most children's clothing. So, one day, we walked into Walmart for some rafts for the real pool and discovered, to our utmost joy, that the padded one piece-floaty children's swimsuits came in out size. Naturally we purchased. But you can't have a floaty suit without accessories. So we added fish detailed arm swimmies, flippers, goggles and of course "predator" squirt guns that have eyes that light up and even roar when you pull the trigger. To complete the ensemble we needed the kiddie pool. We took our new treasures to our apartment in Clemson, SC and set up camp in the 5 sq ft of lawn we had acquired. Yep, in public. Eventually the children's summertime activity set accompanied us to Atlanta as well and we proudly perched it on our 4th story deck. It made no sense and eventually we had to pour the water out somewhere so we waited until night fall and to put it bluntly, poured it down on our nasty neighbor's porch below. In all honesty, we didn't mean to drench their patio, it just so happened that when we did we didn't feel the least bit remorse for it. And that, ladies, is the story of the kiddie pool. May it rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *allegedlyfff, I missed one of your f's. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hysterical. Oh my God I am seriously cracking up to the point where I had to expain to people around me what is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you totally have us beat...we did not even think of getting swimmies and water guns! :) hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. color is correct. I have plenty of colors sitting in my winter closet - but 6 out of 7 days I go straight for the black, grey, navy or dark purple. Not kidding. Super excited for spring and color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails