Monday, March 1, 2010

March Madness...Hatter Style!

"I die", according to Rachel Zoe, when I see a film with costumes done right, I mean absolutely out of this world, you have to be insane to even come up with this stuff but man, it looks amazing under lights! I literally drool over the fabrics, colors and textures, and lose myself completely in daydreams when productions like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (premiering in 3D in just 4 days!) come to life through couture creations the average individual wouldn't dare to go public in. It is however, my sincere belief that we all want to play dress up in layers of tulle, strands of satin and oceans of lace. At least for a photo shoot right? 

So what would the average person, then, you know, like you and me (who swear by j.crew because they are always socially acceptable) and who do not have the excuse that Colleen Atwood dressed us for a film with Johnny Depp and we're on our way to our next Oscar? Let's try these: 

I usually steer clear of Etsy (90% crap and 10% I not sure if it deserves a golf clap or a caddy smile - except for my friend Jamie's esty, which I promise to share with you sometime) and frequent Regretsy (where you can find anything and everything you would never want) but in the spirit of dress up, this is actually kinda fun...fun as in I like the looks of it on my dresser but not as a giant top hat on my hand. 

NEXT: You can't have a MaDnEsS!! and a tea party - without tea (cups)! 
Thanks to a fabulous blog I've stumbled upon time and time again: Oh Joy!  for posting the perfect paris market tea cups for the occasion: 
Limoges teacups  Oui! Oui! 

And now, if I were the Hatter, or perhaps even if not....
Shop this selection here, Do It. Seriously, you can't leave that leather jacket without a home, that would simply be inhumane! 

Happy March Madness! And happy shopping - I mean buying! 

-Chels



6 comments:

  1. wait....if you dont like etsy, we were CLEARLY not separated at birth! half of my house was bought on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, If you like it then I must be spending too much time on Regretsy and will need some tips. Love you hear about your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I am having an Alive and Wonderland themed bday party this june and everyone has to dress up like a charecter....not in costume but similar to how you represented it. Like for instance through the looking glass could be represented with a cut-out dress. You SO should come to this if your an Alice fan like myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the finds and am so glad I stumbled across your blog. Can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna - Thank you! And I visited yours as well, i love your blog on purple...my best friend, Joanna, http://beingjomestic.blogspot.com/ just wrote one on her obsession with it. I think you two should play off each others love/hate relationships with it. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsea- great post...once again! I am super excited for Alice in Wonderland too! I see that you used polyvore.com, how are you liking it? I have so much fun on there... it's my go-to site when I have absolutely nothing to do at work but I have to look like I'm concentrating very hard at something on my screen. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails