Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tutus!

Summer is coming and I'm head over heels for tutu dresses right now. Maybe it's the whole whimsy of Alice & Wonderland still in my head or the fact that summer always makes me feel like a kid again, whatever the reason, these dresses are charming beyond words and there are so many ways to wear it. 


Ala' Carrie Bradshaw in Sex & The City the movie. Carrie's tutu here was a $5 vintage tulle purchase the costume designer found in Sarah Jessica Parker's own wardrobe. 

I survived an entire class of ballet when I was a child. Actually, maybe not even the entire day. I think at some point I waited by the door, slippers already off and LA lights back on thinking in my little head, "mom, when will you ever get here!? You said if I tried it and didn't like it I could play tee ball with my brothers, well, a deal's a deal!" (in secret I still danced around my room in my tutu and read Angelina Ballerina every night).
Now that I've matured (cough) I'm making up for those tom boy days in a major way. Dresses please! And the more layers and lace the better! 





And if you are shopping for your little one, please visit Dear Lillie for the absolute cutest little girl's tutu's in the world. They are designed by 3 gorgeous sisters from the east coast with flawless taste and style. Make sure to check out their women's wear as well. The Adeliene Dress is already in my shopping cart!

Til next time! 
-CK

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails