Friday, July 16, 2010

Stitching With Vicodin

Yesterday morning I was paraded off to the oral surgeon for treatment of anesthetics and some wisdom tooth extraction. An ideal Thursday morning, wouldn't you say? Needless to say, I do not recall my morning nor do I remember presenting our highway passersby's with maniacal stares, gauze protruding from my jowels, all the way home, although this sounds like something I would do without the influence of pain killers too. Rumor has it I preyed primarily on a poor student driver who was less than impressed.

I well aware that rest is crucial but three rounds of Devil Wears Prada later and I was getting stir crazy. So I cooked the softest, butteriest mashed potatoes (just like mama's: add a hunk of sour cream, cream cheese and pepper and these babies will charm your taste buds and clog your arteries, but did I mention they will charm your taste buds??) Following the potato escapades, I constructed the majority of a wicked cute high waisted pencil skirt, complete with perfect pleating and radiating in a brilliant eggplant hue. The shoes that could be worn with this piece are hotly vast and more often than not shiny, reptilian or studded. Here are some snapshots of the project:



















Images adapted from Hipstamatic iPhone app.

The skirt will be finished today after some more Vicodin and the 7th round of Devil Wears Prada. I'll be sure to post finished picts and would love advice from my stylish friends on the choice top, accessories and of course matching hues.



Additional and noteworthy: my handsome hubby waited on me hand and foot all day yesterday with the best attitude possible. Not only that but the boy even curled up on the floor by me so he could be close if I needed anything. His idea, not mine :) I pray every woman is blessed with such an amazing man (and a fabulous wardrobe).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. you will have your own line of clothing someday....let's see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails