Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 1

A little more than a year ago, I picked up my life, (which was already packed up in boxes from a dozen moves because of my job) in rural Connecticut and followed my heart to Ohio. I had always heard that Virginia was for Lovers, but apparently Ohio is too, or at least in my case. The home land to Abercrombie & Fitch, The Limited, OSU and the Blue Jackets, also housed a gorgeous man with a big dream, and that man was mine.

117 days ago we were married back in my hometown of Brattleboro, Vermont, in a beautiful old Greek Theater (funny, we're both German, I with a touch of everything else, and completely infatuated with Greece, Greek history, Greek architecture, Greek food...). Anyway, it was ......Beautiful. Just beautiful. And the fun! We danced all night and my brothers and cousins shot off fireworks over the river! Even when my bridesmaids showed up in different colored dresses (who knew!?) it just added to the entertainment of the evening. I could go on, but all that to say, I just got married and that's a tad bit about me.

I also love to ski and skate and draw with charcoal because it's messy and I believe all my best pieces rise up out of chaos. You don't need to know these details now though, we'll become friends along the way now that I've jumped on the blogging wagon.

So why start a blog? Two reasons. 1. I have things to share that I know will bless others and it would be selfish to keep them to myself. 2. I have always wanted to write. Recently I heard a fantastic man named John Maxwell say that someone once asked him how he started writing. His answer, "I just did." The individual then said, "I have always wanted to write as well, and I will someday." To this Maxwell replied, "Have you started writting?" "No," responded the man. "Well then you probably never will," Maxwell answered. He didn't say it to be mean, he has a point and that did it for me. You just have to start. This blog could really suck but I'm doing it, and that says something. So, read along, or don't, but if you don't, I do suggest you dive into some of the books below because they are truly magical, astounding works of art and intelligence.

By the way, look up at the skies on clear night when you're out in the country side, dangling your feet over the dock at a lake, or discovering what it's like to be above the city on a roof top higher than all of those around you, and you will discover the most incredible chandelier skies.

1 comment:

  1. please write every day.. this is fabulous. LOVE the chandellier skies.. how often i tell my friends to just go outside and look up in the sky..at the moon, the canopy of stars.. simple beauty. Thank you for writing.. a daughter after my own heart. The emailers have received their warning, i would say..!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails