Monday, December 21, 2009

Don't Stop Believing...


Pour some sugar on me, baby, it's 80's night.




All 80's parties should be held in a high school gym, and we certainly started off on the right foot. Pink, blue and green balloons covered the flooring. Streamers in the same hues really spiced up the walls. We dined on Pop Rocks, Coke, Chips and Pizza all evening and busted moves all night long. From Preppy to Punk we have the fashions covered. Sporting a Run DMC tee, I was caught in absolute amazement and pure excitement when Jam - Master - Jay himself made a cameo appearance.



Happy Sweet 16, Brooke. Although you never were fortunate enough to totally experience the 1980's, you are a part of the awesome teens of 2009/2010 that want to believe the 80's are back. I mean, who wouldn't want to bring back fanny packs and snap bracelets, or fanny pack bracelets? Stirrup pants and Swatch watches? Jelly's anyone? Parachute pants and Chucks's were a staple and thanks to everyone who is "trying to express themselves" through fashion, we can now wear all of these pieces we love so much to hate, once more. Party on with your Sixteen Candles.



Beuller? Beuller....Anyone?........Bueller? Ghostbusters, Flashdance, Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, E.T.....not only did all of these incredible flicks change our lives but let's just talk about these three little magical letters...M.T.V. It began in 1981 and commenced with an oh so fitting blastoff: Video Killed The Radio Star. Oh how I miss the days of actual music on the "Music Television" channel! What's this Super-Sweet-Sixteen-Pretty-Pretty-Buy-Me-This-Daddy-Buy-Me-That-Princess show? I want Madonna! I want Whitesnake! Play me some Wham already!




Let me subtitle: Pict 1.) Air Guitar like a pro  Pict 2.) Total Toolbag. Has anyone seen the keys to               my saab? Maybe I left them at the Greenwich Country Club? Bummer.



Nobody keeps Baby in the Corner! -Dirty Dancing



I'm totally wearing this headband again....and the t-shirt.

80's night: So done. TTYL all you Punky Brewster babies and remember "I'm never gonna give you up" .....



2 comments:

  1. Don't forget Jolt Cola and the tight rolled jeans! I was a girl of the 80's...I even had a metal pendant some guy cut out for me in shop class that said WHITESNAKE...I think I still have it somewhere. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget jolt....my mother gave it to me very reluctantly. ps...i'll trade you my NKOTB earrings if you can break out the whitesnake pendant. classic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails